The Arvigo Techniques of Maya Abdominal Therapy ® are a holistic approach to wellness founded on the ancient Maya technique of abdominal massage. Dr. Rosita Arvigo developed the techniques of external massage that gently guide organs into their optimal position to support health and wellness. Herbs and nutrition complete the therapy to enhance emotional and spiritual healing.
Arvigo Therapy is best known for addressing misalignment in the reproductive and digestive organs of both men and women. The techniques effectively alleviate physical and emotional congestion to improve the flow of energy, blood, lymph and nerves in the abdomen. Clients are instructed in self care techniques to enhance and support the healing process.
Your first session will incorporate a comprehensive history, treatment, and education to perform self massage. Follow up sessions are for 1 hour and include self massage review.
Symptoms relieved by this treatment:
- Displaced or prolapsed uterus
- PMS symptoms
- Abnormal, irregular, or painful menses or ovulation
- Fibroids, ovarian cysts, endometriosis
- Perimenopausal or menopausal symptoms
- Fertility challenges
- Pre-natal and post-partum care
- Prostate swelling and inflammation
- Alleviates varicose veins
- Fertility Challenges
- Chronic indigestion/heartburn
- Constipation or diarrhea
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- Frequent or painful urination
Arvigo Techniques are contraindicated:
- During menses
- When an IUD is present
- Immediately after abdominal surgery
- In the presence of an active infection or cancer in the pelvic region.