Low pressure fitness, or hypopressive, exercise is an exercise method that includes postural movements and breathing techniques. It decreases pressure in the abdominal, pelvic, and thoracic cavities. This exercise method improves tone, strength, and function of the abdominal and pelvic floor muscles.
- Postural improvement, including normalizing spinal curves of kyphosis or lordosis
- Waist circumference reduction
- Prevent and treat urinary incontinence, hernias, pelvic organ prolapse
- Improve blood flow to pelvis and lower limbs
- Improve intestinal movement
The therapist will guide you through a 20-30 minute exercise session 2 times per week for 5 weeks. She will teach you the postural and breathing patterns for a successful outcome. Following that, you are able to do this routine daily. It does not require any equipment.